So here we go...
A couple days ago, I addressed the impact the Lord played in bringing me to this specific point in life. Everyone has their own story and I'm sure the majority are more heart-wrenching than what I went through. But just like everyone else I find myself asking Him, "Why am I here?". On the surface that answer is quite simple. I'm here to glorify God through the game of basketball, entertain the fans, while displaying the talents that He has blessed me with. No doubt I am thankful for this calling, but in all honesty I know that I'm here for a much bigger reason...I just haven't figured it out yet.

As time goes by, my heart grows more and more for not only the people of Manila but the country as a whole. I don't think it was any coincidence that the Lord placed me in this country during the recent tropical storms that ripped through the Philippines and Southeast Asia. My "name" and paycheck finally felt like it was put to better use than getting me out of a ticket (people in the PI know), getting me in the club, or that lil bit of self-confidence and arrogance that I still need to feed from time to time. I'm in no way asking for another disaster to happen just so I can utilize my resources to help others, but I am asking for more clear opportunities to do His work. Not for my own self-glorification but more so to know the deeper calling that He has for me here.
I guess what I'm trying to get at is this--To the untrained eye (or the eye not guided by Him) my purpose here in the Philippines is simple. Get buckets, make money, and enjoy the experience. But for those who are trying to walk the route that I know He has planned, I ask for continued prayer and a vision driven purpose.
Why am I here? I don't know yet...but He does...BBB

hoy. nice picture and post :) probably my favorite post so far! no jokes. you should keep up with all the blog titles being questions. it's like your blog is a huge interview.. mi gusta!
ReplyDelete